This is not news that having a website for your business has become extremely important in today’s world where everything functions on the web. There are currently approximately 1.8 billion websites on the internet. That's a significant amount of competition. That’s why it becomes essential that you build a website that stands out amongst the competition and attracts people worldwide. However, building a website isn’t cheap, and if you’re a small business with very little money to spare for the web development process, then hiring a website developer can be quite a daunting task.
Here’s where web design software comes to your rescue. It's safe to assume that people prefer to see something that is wonderfully designed over something simple and plain, both online and offline. This is especially true for e-commerce stores and corporate websites. That’s why any web design software tool must possess the following features-
- Visual Editor
In contrast to content management, web design focuses primarily on the visual aspect of websites. As a result, excellent web design software should feature a visual editor that allows you to design visually rather than using code unless you wish to.
A good piece of web design software will provide you with a starting point. You shouldn't have to start from scratch with this type of software because it is designed to be user-friendly. The software should include several templates that you can use to construct a site that looks and feels exactly how you want it to.
- Fonts and Graphics
To create a website, you need to build a prototype or wireframe to your liking and have a wide variety of fonts and graphics to help with that. Thus, web designing software must offer you every font and graphics you might need.
Moreover, some web designing will also provide features like hosting services, content management tools, SSL certificates, and domain names. However, not every website is going to do that. Some might just provide tools for visual design and wire-framing. And some might even just be designed to write code. That’s why you must peruse and check which software best meets the need of your business.
With hundreds of website-building tools available on the internet, it becomes difficult to just settle on one option. That’s why we’ve curated a list of 10 web design software tools to help you create a beautifully designed website for your business.
CMS Hub is a website builder and content management software that powerful for developers, flexible for marketers, and gives you a secure and personalized experience. It includes a massive collection of templates, a visual drag-and-drop editor, and an SSL certificate. It is completely code-free which makes it one of the best all-in-one design software for beginners.
Furthermore, CRM Hub is integrated with all other products in the HubSpot platform such as sales software, marketing software, CRM, service software, and more.
- It comes with SEO recommendations home screen that enables you to see how you can improve your site and take action in one place.
- It offers a variety of pre-built themes to choose from, with the option to customize, which helps in building a cohesive site without having to worry about factors such as mismatched designs, navigations, logos, etc.
- Its fully integrated CRM data allows you to track every visitor on your site and create a personalized experience for them.
- The starter plan costs $23/per month.
- The professional plan costs $360/month and offers a 14-day free trial.
- The enterprise plan costs $1200/month and offers a 14-day free trial.
WordPress is open-source web design software that helps you build a stunning website in minutes. It offers thousands of free plugins to download and install which helps in extending the functionality of your site. Having a plugin available simplifies the whole process of customization which means you do not require any coding knowledge to design your site.
WordPress is free to use, however, there are other costs associated with building and running a website.
- It offers 60+ styles and the option to integrate with services such as Pinterest, OpenTable, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Calendly, YouTube, and more.
- WordPress block editor allows you to easily drag-and-drop elements; customize color schemes and font sizes to build a website as per your vision.
- WordPress comes with out-of-the-box SEO tools and an SSL certificate.
- The WordPress starter pack costs $5/month. It includes a custom domain name, simple payments, extra 6 GB storage, Google analytics integration, and more.
- WordPress Pro costs $15/month. It includes a custom domain name, unlimited plugins, custom themes, 50 GB storage space, Google analytics integration, and more.
Figma is an all-in-one interface design platform that enables multiple users to collaborate in real time. If you have various stakeholders involved in the design process, then Figma is the ideal choice for you. Unlimited drafts, editors, and commenters are available in the free version. Moreover, it is a web application, so the user is not required to download a tool to their desktop.
However, there’s one limitation to the tool it only allows historical changes for up to 30 days.
- Includes cool design features such as a modern pen tool, instant arc designs, and OpenType (for advanced font features).
- Provides an auto layout that allows you to design responsively by spending less time moving things around and more time iterating.
- Allows you to automate your work with plugins such as flow diagrams, stock imagery, charts, color accessibility, icons, and more.
- The starter pack is free of cost and includes 3 Figma & 3 FigJam files, unlimited personal files, unlimited collaborators, plugins, templates, a mobile app, and more.
- The professional pack costs $12 per editor/month. It includes unlimited Figma files, unlimited version history, sharing permissions, team libraries, and more.
- The organization plan costs $45 per editor/month. It includes everything from professional plan+ org-wide libraries, design system analytics, centralized file management, private plugins, and more.
The sketch is an all-in-one designer’s toolkit. It is one of the most popular tools that people use for a truly collaborative design process. It includes an advanced vector tool that aids in the collaborative creation of prototypes and interfaces. The sketch is built specifically to develop well-designed websites and web apps; that’s why it’s an extremely popular tool amongst the designer community for its high performance and clean interface.
However, Sketch only works on Mac, so if you’re a designer that works on Windows then you might be better off with a web-based tool.
- Includes a native macOS editor that helps you create your best work with an intuitive UI.
- Allows test prototypes on your devices and helps you build your designs with easy-to-use tools.
- Its real-time collaboration feature allows multiple people to work on the same document at the same time.
- The standard plan costs $9 per editor/month and includes a native mac editor and a web app for everyone.
- Contact the sales team for the pricing of the business plan. Requires 25 editors. Includes everything in standard plan+ Single Sign-on, unlimited cloud storage, priority support, and more.
Lunacy began as a free alternative to Sketch for Windows, but it has since evolved into full-featured graphic design software. It could only open Sketch files on Windows a couple of years back. It now has all of the typical UI and screen design features, as well as a library of free, high-quality visual elements. It has full support for Sketch files, so you can edit your Sketch design without difficulty if you transition from Windows to Mac or vice versa.
- Includes AI-powered tools such as image upscaler, avatar generator, background remover, text generator, and more.
- Includes built-in graphics that provides free icons, photos, and illustrations, without googling.
- Supports 21+ languages like English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Italian, and more.
- Allows designing in real-time with up to 100 teammates.
- It is a free tool that supports Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Despite being one of the more recent additions to this list, Adobe XD quickly established itself as the go-to tool for many in the online design world. The first spots are proudly held by Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign in the graphics software market share. Thus, now the natural choice for web and graphic designers is Adobe XD.
Learning to use Adobe XD is extremely easy even if you’re familiar with Adobe’s other products.
- Repeat grids allow you to quickly create grids and fill them with images, text, and other one-of-a-kind content.
- It's also useful for experimenting with different spacing between UI elements.
- 3D transforms showcases your work in a new dimension by giving it depth and perspective.
- Edit without starting over by importing your work from Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch.
- The XD single-app plan costs $9.99/month. It includes layout & design features, prototyping & animation features, unlimited PDF exports, 30 days of document history, XD creative cloud apps, and more.
- The all-apps plan costs $54.99/month. It includes layout & design features, prototyping & animation features, unlimited PDF exports, 60 days of document history, 20+ creative cloud apps, and more.
Created by the designers of Facebook, Origami is an interface design tool, that’s everything that you desire Sketch could have been when it comes to creating high-quality prototypes and UIs. It’s tailored to build mobile prototypes that support all popular mobile gestures and interactions. One particular area in which Origami shines is adding screen interactivity.
Unlike most UI design tools it enables you to fine-tune spacing, triggers, timings, animation types, and more.
- Provides exciting features like audio metering, photo library, haptic feedback, access accelerometer, gyroscope information, and more.
- It can be used in conjunction with Figma and Sketch. Thus, you can easily switch back and forth without losing your work if you’re using Figma or Sketch.
- Directly record, trim, and export videos of your prototypes in Origami.
- Allows you to share your prototypes for critique or review with Origami Live.
- Origami is a free tool that works with macOS.
InVision Studio is a tool that mostly focuses on providing a collaborative design experience to its users. It offers an advanced mobile responsive feature that allows you to design for screens of different sizes. More so, that’s it’s not at par with its competitor tools such as Adobe XD when it comes to built-in functionality.
InVision Studio’s functionality can be further extended by downloading apps from its AppStore that work similarly to Adobe XD’s repeat grids feature.
- Enables you to create a pixel-perfect layout by providing tools for powerful vector editing and flexible layer styling.
- Its adaptive layout is responsive by design. It allows you to easily and quickly design, scale, and adjust your ideas to fit any layout or screen through features such as percentage-based geometry, advanced pinning, relative positioning and containers, and more.
- Enables your team to collaborate by connecting everyone to the InVision platform.
- Provides downloadable UI kits that allow you to build screens immediately.
- InVision is a free tool that works with Windows, iOS, macOS, and Android. (Web version also available)
FluidUI is a tool that helps you successfully communicate your vision by helping you build web and mobile prototypes in minutes and share them instantly. It has in-built features for sharing, feedback, and collaboration.
Moreover, you can enable direct editing in your browser by combining FluidUi with the library of standard Apple and Google material assets. You can also make sure that other people review and leave comments on your page by sharing your prototypes via email or sharing links.
- Create visually stunning prototypes in minutes by utilizing streamlined data and over 2000 built-in components such as material design, Windows, iOS, and Wireframe libraries. You can also easily upload existing assets and save them to your libraries for future reference.
- FluidUI is a complete collaborative tool which means it allows you to work on projects as a team, see everyone’s changes instantly, ideate together via video calling, and more.
- It also allows you to test your prototypes by running remote user tests.
- The FluidUI team provides live chat support for 16 hours a day to answer all your queries.
- Helps you connect with developers that can turn your vision into a website.
- If you do not wish to spend any money then the free forever plan is the way to go. It includes 1 project (max 10 pages), 1 user license, and unlimited reviewers.
- The solo plan costs $15/per month. It includes 3 projects, 1 user license, and unlimited reviewers.
- The pro plan costs $25/per month. It includes 10 projects, 1 user license, unlimited reviewers, and all libraries.
- The team plan costs $65/per month. It includes unlimited projects, 5 users, unlimited reviewers, export, print & comment feature, and real-time team collaboration.
Vectr is a free web and desktop cross-platform graphics editor that allows you to design and edit vector graphics like a pro without a steep learning curve. It is free cloud-based illustration software with capabilities similar to Adobe Illustrator and Sketch. Vector includes everything you'll need to get started creating complicated graphics, as well as designing websites and mobile apps.
It's straightforward to learn how to use the drag-and-drop editor, and because it's cloud-based, sharing designs is a breeze. As a result, your team will be able to collaborate and collect input without having to deal with the hassle.
- Anyone can get a real-time view of your Vectr activity. Others can use their computers to see you create and change designs in real-time.
- With AI-powered time-saving tools and features, creating graphics is much faster and easier.
- Its graphics are always crisp and clean which allows you to scale without losing the clarity. Helps you create blur-free logos, cards, website mockups, presentations, brochures, or any 2D graphics.
- Its chat feature allows you to communicate as changes are being made within the editor itself which helps in minimizing the confusion and you can work faster towards reaching the end goal.
- Vectr’s basic graphics editor is free of cost forever.
Designing a website requires a serious investment of resources, time, and money. However, if you don't use web design software, you might easily create a website that doesn't work as planned. That's why wireframing, prototyping, and coding are crucial — and you can do all of that with the tools listed above.
You can prototype, wireframe, and build a website that delights your visitors with the correct web design tools. Many of the tools are, fortunately, free. Make use of the tools given above to code your site from the ground up or to completely remodel it.